Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012

Just a quick post to welcome in the new year. It isn't starting very auspiciously. Last night we had takeout Chinese food, and as we were sitting down to eat I thought, what the heck, let's open the bubbly now. Silly to wait until midnight. So Rocket Boy opened the bottle of sweet rose sparkling wine that I'd bought, I poured each of us a champagne flute full, and we settled down to our food and wine.

The wine was great -- not too sweet, just very very drinkable. I drank my whole glass and felt marvelous. The food wasn't bad either. The kids even ate it. As we were putting them to bed, though, I started to feel not so good, and after we said nighty-night and closed their door, I decided I needed to lie down for a bit. I spent most of the rest of the evening lying on my bed reading.

Around 11:45 I thought I felt better, so I got up and joined Rocket Boy in the family room. I refilled our glasses and sat down at my computer. I took a sip of wine and suddenly I didn't feel so good anymore. I raced to the bathroom, and at the stroke of midnight I was vomiting. Copiously.

I felt a little better today, but tonight the stomach cramps hit, and I had all that to deal with. Either sweet rose sparkling wine is not my friend, or I have some sort of bug.

Well, after this beginning, maybe the rest of 2012 will be fabulous. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment