Saturday, April 27, 2013

Packing Part 2

We have packed 110 boxes. By now we were supposed to have packed 130 boxes, but I am not complaining. Rocket Boy has FINALLY decided to help me pack, so it is going faster. I plan to do at least 20 boxes tomorrow. Maybe 30.

I'm so tired. And there are still so many things NOT in boxes. Two more days until the packers come (to pack the kitchen, mirrors and framed pictures, and whatever else they have time for).

We have sold our bedroom set. Sold the pack n plays. Given away two baby backpacks, the changing table, my old bike, and some other miscellany.

The little tortoise has moved three houses down the street. We took him over there this afternoon and then spent a long time watching him get acquainted. The yard he is in now has a lot of plants growing in it, and he got busy checking them all out. We had brought along a pie pan with his favorite weed in it (redstem filaree), but once he saw what was actually GROWING in the yard, he ignored the filaree. Fifteen minutes later, one of the other tortoises who lives in the yard, a big old guy, came up out of his burrow and spotted the dish. He hurried over and began wolfing down the filaree.

The TV is on most of the time and the twins are allowed to watch it as they please. I know this is horrible. I just can't think of any other way to keep them occupied while we pack. We don't have any nice friends who could take them to the park. Anyway, it's too hot to go to the park. The other thing they like to do is make mud pies in the front yard, but Rocket Boy doesn't approve of that. (I do, though.)
Must go to bed. So many things to do tomorrow. I'm so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment