Thursday, February 16, 2012

More on moving

Little by little we are finding our way with this new house. A week and a half ago, we (i.e., Rocket Boy) got the TV working (we get our TV over the air -- you get quite good reception in Ridgecrest, though of course it's from a repeater, not direct). Here he is up on the roof. The roof of our new rental house, like many houses these days, was covered with satellite dishes and antennas when we moved in. We added our antenna to the mix, but actually ended up hooking up our TV to the one that was already there.


In the photo, Baby A is exploring the tortoise pens that we are starting to set up. I don't know if we're really going to have any tortoises at this house -- it depends on various things. I just think a bare Ridgecrestian backyard is so much nicer with tortoise pens in it.

Last weekend we took a break from unpacking and drove to Short Canyon, which is quite near here. Here's a photo from the parking lot looking back towards Ridgecrest:


Short Canyon is supposed to have fabulous wildflower displays in the spring. I don't know how we've managed not to go here before. We'll definitely go back in a month or two. There were even some wildflowers blooming already and I don't even know what they were. The twins thought it was a great place to run and play. Here are my big boys climbing on a rock:


I made Rocket Boy get them down from all the scary places they climbed. I'm afraid we're raising budding rock climbers. Well, maybe not. As a child, I was very fond of climbing both rocks and trees, and look at me now. But still.

I have this feeling we aren't going to be here much longer -- no more than a year or so, anyway -- and so the whole place is seeming very dear and soon to be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment