Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not as late as I thought

I guess that "80 degrees" thing was a typo. It's been corrected. Now NOAA is predicting 88, 89, 91 degrees for next week. Still, that's much better than 99, 100, 101 (the next 3 days). Gosh I'm sick of hot weather, or hadn't you noticed?

Today was a pretty wretched day. The babies are both sick, just colds, but we're trying to take it easy. Mom is heartsick, so ditto. A dull, miserable day.

But they took a good nap, and it was library day, which is the best day of the week. We got there quite late, around 4:30, because they took such a late nap. We go in the back door now, because it has a button to push that opens the door automatically. First we went to the front desk to return our books. Then we went to the children's section and I picked out a few picture books. I don't get the babies out of their stroller anymore, because they won't mind me and they can run so fast. They both grabbed board books off the little low bookcase. Baby B gave his up after a while, but Baby A read his all the way through, so we got that one too. It was about different kinds of trucks (sigh). Boys and their trucks.

Then we did a quick turn through the miniscule adult fiction section and I picked up a new-to-me Margaret Drabble novel. I can always read Margaret Drabble even though I don't consider her a favorite author. Then we went to the front desk to pick up two biographies that I had ordered through interlibrary loan. Gosh I love the library. All these riches for free.

We had leftover mac & cheese for dinner, homegrown tomatoes, and (after the babies went to bed) ice cream. Not doing so well with Weight Watchers these days, just trying to survive. After that I finished reading a novel I started yesterday. When I'm sad I read obsessively. Just trying to get through the days.

Tomorrow is Friday, my last day of work before the new guy starts and I become his advisor. It's really time to move on -- but to what?

No comments:

Post a Comment