Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby pictures

So today was Thursday again, which is work-on-photo-album-and-baby-book-day. Once again I pulled out the twins' baby books, and this time started at the beginning. Right at the front you are supposed to paste a 5x7 photo of the child. So I decided my task today would be to choose a picture for each boy's book and order it from the Kodak site. I thought that might take 15 minutes.

But how does one choose? What ONE photo best represents each of my sons? Should it be a newborn picture or a toddler picture?

I started looking through our collection of digital photos. Two things quickly became apparent.

1. We never take pictures of the boys alone, only the two of them together, so I have nothing to choose from.

2. They were so cute when they were babies that it BREAKS MY HEART to look at their pictures!

For example (one of thousands)...


And then there's this one...


And how about this one...


I just freecycled that little pair of white fleece overalls! What was I thinking? I should have framed it or something.

Looking at their baby pictures makes me terribly upset to think that I could ever be mad at them, or yell. Never mind that Baby A hit me in the face with a piece of Thomas train track (on purpose) or that Baby B dumped his bowl of cereal all over the floor (also on purpose) or that Baby A stole all of Baby B's Thomas trains (also on purpose) or that Baby B hit our cat Pie Bear with a book (yes, also very much on purpose). They were so cute when they were babies! Thus, no one should ever get angry at them!

No one ever told me about this part of motherhood -- the insanity part. Or maybe it's just me.

After an hour or so of agony and guilt, I suddenly remembered Mitzi and Molly's photos from Mitchell Park in the summer of 2009. Mitzi and Molly are PROFESSIONAL photographers and they actually took photos of each boy individually. Many many photos. I managed to find the disk they gave me and started looking through it. An hour or so later I had narrowed my choices down to 6 photos, 3 of each boy. I uploaded them to the Kodak site and then began agonizing over which was the cutest. Finally I gave up and ordered 5x7 prints of all 6 photos. Whatever I don't use in the baby books I can frame or something.

Little by little, things get done. As January passes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment